Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday June 19th Part 2: Cool Desk $40


At my second stop of the morning there were two gorgeous mcmansions having garage sales - which is rare. At the first house I got a Disney Mania CD (which I have played and don't like, so I've listed it for $1.99 on Half.com). I also got an elegant table runner. I had no idea it would end up on my next purchase which I call 'the concierge desk.' You can't tell from the picture because of where we put it, but this table is actually a desk. On the other side are 3 drawers with a semi circle indent so you can sit at it comfortably. We covered that portion with the table runner which is held taught by the two iron pieces (from other garage sales - We found the perfect spot for the lion). The finish reminds me of copper because of the subtle use of green in the carved details. I think it's supposed to simulate a pressed tin or copper design. I thought it would go upstairs by the window, but it hasn't made it there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment