Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blue Boy in His New Frame


Blue Boy looks pretty snazzy in his new gilded frame. He's hanging in the master bedroom right now but will probably end up in the guest bedroom.
Other finds today: The house with all the framed art was a moving sale and all the clothes were free so I got some groovy red pants, t-shirts from places I've never been, a winter jacket (which I needed), a cashmere scarf, and a black poncho - I thought it would come in handy at work when the ac runs too cold. Also got a really cool modern-looking acryllic bowl that looks like crystal, a pressed glass decanter, etc. At another sale, for the first time, I got some dress shoes. They were in almost new condition and from Talbots - they were priced at $2.00 and I successfully bargained them down to a $1.00.
Later, on my own, I found a Tang decanter for David and some vintage books. It was miserably hot and humid today which really takes the fun out of the hunt. We decided to wait until Fall, when it cools down, to have our own garage sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment